Project Management Training
Increased productivity, reduced stress, greater confidence; these are some of the benefits of gaining control of your projects and your project team. This two day course provides practical skills which enable you to better manage all aspects of your projects and increase your team’s performance by utilizing effective communication skills.
Participants for the Project Management for Everyone class are asked to have a current work project in mind to work on during the class, so that they may experience how the Project Management process applies to a real project. If a work project is not possible, then a personal project is fine.
Participants will not be asked to share any details about the project and there will not be any presentations on the project. Participants are not required to bring anything for the project, however if attendees have specific files that they are working on they may bring them to class, but it is not required.
Who should attend
Managers, supervisors, individual contributors who are looking for non-technical tools and techniques to successfully manage projects and project teams. People who struggle with balancing the complex demands of project work while maintaining daily work load. People who are looking for the basic communication skills necessary to manage and maintain project success.
What you will achieve
- Greater confidence in defining, planning and managing projects.
- Reduced stress and greater sense of control of your multiple projects and daily work load.
- Increased effectiveness and efficiency by using simple, step-by step processes for project management and communication.
What you will learn
- Write clearly defined project statements.
- Clarify project objectives with measurable outcomes.
- Break a project into manageable tasks.
- Avoid potential problems through planning and communication.
- Manage multiple projects while maintaining daily workload.
- Evaluate the projectâ€™s success and lessons learned.
- Clarify roles and responsibilities to improve team performance and accountability.
- Build, motivate and lead a high performing project team.
- Communicate effectively with your team, management and clients.
- Design communications plans for your project team to follow during the course of the project.
- Run productive project meetings for planning, brainstorming, status update and problem solving.
- Create effective written communications for your projects.
- Delegate assignments which minimize individual and team conflicts and maximize productivity.
- Practical Exercises 3
- Duration 60 hours
- Skill level Beginner
- Language English
- Students 20
- Assessments Yes